Wednesday, October 2, 2013

AP Art 2D Design Porfolio



As I was skimming through magazines in a cafe, a retro Coca-Cola advertisement with James Brown from 1970 caught my eyes.  I really liked vibrant colors and the movements shown through lines in the background and decided to make self-portrait similar to the advertisement.  I first worked with Photoshop to alter photo of myself and then colored the painting with poster color.  



My 2D design concentration topic was zodiacs, but I later changed it to illustration of desserts with characters that resemble desserts.  This is one of the works I did for my first concentration topic.  I derived this piece from Koreans' belief that the shape of a Korean map resembles an image of a tiger roaring just like how Italians think of shape of their map as a boot.  



One day, the deadline for a project was approaching and I was still struggling to find what I wanted to work with.   I just randomly spotted a kettle in the kitchen and decided to do a line drawings.  I later accentuated lines with thin strips of tape. 


I was just randomly playing around with my horseshoe stamp and I realized how I can create shades by adding layers of stamps. After, I decided to work with stamp instead simply using pencil to shade in the self-portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment