Thursday, October 3, 2013

Concept, Form and Context I

Concept, Form and Context I: Human being is one of mandatory courses at the Penny Stamps School of Art and Design.  CFC I is definitely a course that nurtured me to be more considerate in making decisions for my works.  We made three different works in total and here they are.






The medium given was recycles.  I used a plastic water bottle, styrofoam and my daily contact lenses' case.  The piece is a wearable piece that is supposed to let me "run away" from my reality.  There are times when I do not want to hear or face what's in front of me.  This work will distort my views and block sounds of my surroundings.  



For the second project, we were assigned a partner to interview, and were told to make works about each other.  I was inspired by Joseph Cornell's boxes and made a small box that portrays my partner's characteristics. 





For our last project, we chose an art works, and wrote a description about them.  Later, we exchanged the descriptions (without name of the artist or art work) and were asked to make an art piece based on the description.  We were shown with the original work later; the work of mine was a very old wooden puppet.  I wish I have a photo of it and will try to add it to the post later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment